This website is operated by Global One 2015. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors therefore, we urge you to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information on:
• Who we are,
• How and why we collect, store, use and share personal information,
• Your rights in relation to your personal information, and
• How to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
We confirm that we will comply with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and keep your information secure. By visiting www.globalone.org.uk (our website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Who we are
Global One 2015 collect, use and are responsible for certain kinds of personal information about you. When we do so, we are regulated by the General Data Protection Regulations which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom). We are, therefore, responsible as a ‘controller’ of personal information for compliance purposes.
What information do we collect?
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual. This may include any of the following:
1. Personal information you supply to us.
You may supply us with information about you by filling in forms on our website. This includes information you provide when you submit a contact/enquiry form, a donation, application form, signing up to our newsletter. The information you give us may include your; name, address, e-mail address and phone number, limited data from your social media profile (if you have signed in to donate to Global One using your social media details) etc.
2. Personal information you provide about third parties.
You may supply us with information about a third party. By providing us with this information, you confirm that said person has agreed that you:
• Intend to consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data,
• Intend to consent on their behalf the transfer of personal data abroad, and
• Intend to receive any data protection notices on their behalf.
3. Information our website automatically collects about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect information includes, but are not limited to, the following:
• Truncated and anonymised version of your Internet protocol (IP) address,
• Browser type and version
• Operating system and platform
• What pages you visit
• How you got to the site (including date and time);
• Page response times, length of visit, what you click on, documents downloaded and download errors.
Please note, you are not required to provide Global One 2015 with your personal data but, if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with a high quality of service or respond to any queries you may have.
How do we use your personal information?
We may collect personal information about our users for the following purposes:
• Processing orders or donations.
• Keep you updated via our mailing list for our monthly newsletter.
• To respond to your queries and to resolve complaints
• To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
• To provide you with information and/or services that you request from us;
• Personalisation of content, business information or user experience
• Account set up and administration
• Delivering marketing and events communication
• Internal research and development purposes
• Legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
Information collected automatically will be used for the following purposes:
• to administer our site including troubleshooting and statistical purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• security and debugging as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
This information is collected anonymously and is not linked to information that identifies you as an individual. We use Google Analytics to track this information. Find out how Google uses your data at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
When do we share personal data?
We may share your information with:
• Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
• We will not share your personal information with any 3rd parties.
Keeping your information secure.
Global One 2015 takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We have appropriate security measures in place. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisational measures to keep your information secure.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you do have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions which may be of interest to you. Such information may be sent by post, email, telephone or text message.
Prior to sending any marketing messages, we will ask whether you would like to opt-in to such communications. If you do decide to opt in, please note that you can opt out at any time. If you have any queries about how to opt out, you can contact us using the details provided below.
How long your personal information will be kept.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. Your data may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
Your rights in relation to your personal data how it is processed.
Where we process your personal data, you have a number of rights over how the data is processed and can exercise these rights at any point.
You can exercise these rights at any point. We have provided an overview of these rights below together with what this entails for you. You can exercise your rights by sending an email or submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on our websites:
• The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. Therefore, we’re providing you with the information in this Notice.
• The right to access and rectification. You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time. We understand the importance of this and should you want to exercise your rights, please contact us.
• The right to data portability. The personal data you have provided us with is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
• The right to be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you have right to request that we delete your data. If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
• The right to restrict processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
• The right to object. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., receiving emails from us notifying you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities).
• The right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with any local Supervisory Authority about how we process your personal data.
• The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data (i.e., we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us with the details provided below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.
Children and the validity of consent
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using our services.
Where we obtain consent from any user we will take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the user is over 13 years of age and whether the child is sufficiently informed to give valid consent. If the user is not, parental consent will be required to provide consent for the processing of any personal information.
What rights do you have?
You can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• If you would like to have a copy of the personal data we hold on you or if you think that we hold incorrect personal data about you, please write to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. We will deal with requests for copies of your personal data or for correction of your personal data within one month. If your request is complicated or if you have made a large number of requests, it may take us longer. We will let you know if we need longer than one month to respond. You will not have to pay a fee to obtain a copy of your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
• Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time.
• Where applicable, you may also have a right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data.
• You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
• If you do not want us to use your personal data for marketing analysis, you can change your settings please unsubscribe from our mailing list via your email account.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post: Global One, 4 Gateway Mews, Bounds Green, London, N11 2UT
• Telephone: 020 8368 8231