Position: Finance Internship
Report to: Finance Manager
- Salary: Travel expenses if/when attending the office (up to £10 a day)
- Location: London, Greater London
- Job Type: Voluntary
Global One 2015 is a Muslim woman led international development NGO focused on improving international leadership, healthcare, WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene), agriculture and environmental sustainability to help vulnerable women, orphans and families around the world lift themselves out of poverty.
Job Description: The post is being recruited to support the organisation in maintaining financial procedures & systems, budgeting, management accounts and record keeping. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual who is capable of working independently and can identify and implement ways of improving working practises and processes.
- Budget development and management of cash flow.
- Own the Petty Cash management process.
- Provide visibility and financial support for Programmes, Marketing, HR and Media departments.
- Work on financial modelling improvements in the planning and forecasting models to enhance process efficiency, support new initiatives and to accurately capture the changing economics or structure of the business.
- Ensure controllership and consistency of accounting processes, drive controllership awareness, and financial compliance.
- Posting transactions to General Ledger up to Trail Balance level.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics or statistics or advanced level in AAT,CIMA or ACCA.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve complex financial issues.
- Strong Analytical skills, including the ability to clearly link financial results to operation performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, perform in a fast-paced environment & respond quickly to situational needs as they arise.
- Proficient use of financial systems and analysis tools including Microsoft Office and XERO or Quickbooks (preferred)