This is a new and exciting opportunity to support Global One’s London team across several areas. It will provide a valuable opportunity to gain an insight into the charity sector while generating skills and experience.
Global One HQ in London is a small team of committed individuals. In this environment there are many opportunities to learn about different aspects of the charity sector including fundraising, communications, outreach, programmes, research, and admin.
Key responsibilities may include:
1. Supporting the fundraising team in research, writing and editing concept notes and proposals, and identifying prospective donors and funding opportunities
2. Conducting research for the CEO in preparation for external meetings
3. Assisting the Programme Manager in the monitoring of ongoing projects around the world
4. Drafting advocacy papers, copy, and marketing materials as required
5. Undertaking management of our volunteering and outreach programmes including event planning, community fundraising, and social media
6. Providing administrative support for the office manager, including updating databases, logistical problem solving, and liaising with external partners
Required Qualifications and Skills:
1. Fluent in English
2. Strong written communication skills
3. Ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of data
4. Academic knowledge and understanding and/or previous experience in international development
5. Display initiative and responsibility, with a keen willingness to learn and develop
6. Ability to work in a systematic and methodical manner
7. Ability to work well on own initiative
8. Commitment to the mission and values of Global One
1. Knowledge of gender related issues, including FDM, MHM, and ECFM
2. Experience in fundraising, communications, or programme management
This position can be full-time or part-time and we are happy to discuss the interests and requirements of candidates at the interview stage.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a paid position, but travel expenses up to £9 per day will be reimbursed. The initial duration of the internship will be three months
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter (no more than one page) outlining why you are suitable for the position to email@example.com with the subject line: Intern Application [Name].
Location: North London
Closing date: Sunday 15th April 2018
Interview date: TBD